Guys, it’s COOKIE SEASON! I’m seriously so pumped. Baking is one of my favorite things of the holidays. All week I’m going to be sharing new-to-the-blog cookie recipes. Some are new to me, others are family favorites. All of them are on point if you’re looking for some cookies to add to your baking list!
These little beauties were the cookies I baked up for the annual Food Blogger Love Cookie Exchange. They’re pretty simple, but once they’re dipped in white chocolate and some sprinkles are added, they look like the star of the cookie tray. And who can say no to a ginger cookie this time of year?!
I mailed these out to three food blogger friends and in return I received Chocolate Caramel Chip Cookies from If Spoons Could Talk, Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chunks and Butterscotch from Jennifer Bakes, and Salted Caramel Kahlua Sugar Cookies from Seduction in the Kitchen. They were all amazing – be sure to check out those recipes today, too!
White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies
(from Cooking Classy)
Makes 3 dozen
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp. sugar , divided
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups white candy melt wafers
Sprinkles, for decorating
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until combined.
Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg. Mix in molasses and vanilla.
Add the dry ingredients in increments, mixing until just combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and add the remaining sugar to a small bowl.
Roll dough into 1-1 1/2″ balls, roll in the sugar, and place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Using the bottom of a cup, flatted the dough balls slightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Melt the candy melts according to package directions. Dip the cookies or drizzle the melted candy over. Top with sprinkles if desired.
The Food Blogger Love Cookie Exchange was full of delicious cookies from a great group of bloggers. You can see what everyone baked up here:
- Bizcochitos from That Recipe
- Caramel Apple Cookies from For the Love of Food
- Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies from If Spoons Could Talk
- Chai Eggnog Cookies with Rumchata Icing from Chicago Foodie Girl
- Chocolate-Dipped Ginger Cookies from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Coffee and Chocolate Shortbread Cookies from Making Miracles
- Cranberry Bliss Cookies from The Emotional Baker
- Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies from Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Gingerbread Spritz Cookies from The PinterTest Kitchen
- Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Hallongrottor from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies from By the Pounds
- Hint of Mint Cocoa Cookies from Chef Sarah Elizabeth
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mint Cheesecake Cookies from Cook with 5 Kids
- Nutty Florentine Cookies from The PinterTest Kitchen
- Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chunks and Butterscotch from Jennifer Bakes
- Peppermint Crinkle Cookies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Pumpkin Ginger Snaps from Burnt Apple
- Ricotta Christmas Cookies from The Saucy Southerner
- Salted Caramel Kahlua Sugar Cookies from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Shortbread Cookies from Our Good Life
- Soft Chewy Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Blogghetti
- Spiced Molasses Cookies from Sarah Cooks the Books
- Triple Chocolate Biscotti from Fix Me a Little Lunch
- Vanilla Mint Cake Mix Cookies from The Recipe Revival
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Molasses Cookies from The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate and Cardamom Cookies from Milk and Cardamom
Can’t get enough cookies? Today kicks off #ChristmasCookieWeek so today – and all week! – I’m linking up with lots of other bloggers sharing awesome recipes. You can find today’s batch of goodies below!
- Alfajores (dulce de leche sandwich cookies) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Candy Cane Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Dutch Speculaas Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Sugar Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Empire Cookies by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Gingerbread Gooey Butter Cookies by Making Miracles
- Gingerbread Men Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies by Books n Cooks
- Holiday Sugar Sprinkle Butter Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Italian Rainbow Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Makrut Macaroons by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha filled Sandwich Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Oatmeal Raisin Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pecan Caramel Turtle Bars by Tip Garden
- Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Cookies) by The Redhead Baker
- Peppermint Candy Canes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Peppermint Crinkle Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Peppermint Macarons by House of Nash Eats
- Peppermint Mocha Shortbread Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peppermint Shortbreads by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Raspberry Filled Coconut Snowflakes by Making The Most of Naptime
- Raspberry Thumbprint cookies by Simple And Savory
- Rum Logs by Corn, Beans Pigs and Kids
- Vanilla Bean Pizzelles by Love and Confections
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
30 thoughts on “White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies #FBLCookieExchange #ChristmasCookies”
I loved how you decorated these cookies and thoroughly enjoyed them, thanks so much!
You’re welcome! Glad you enjoyed them!!
Pingback: Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies | The Spiffy Cookie
Pingback: Holiday Sugar Sprinkled Butter Cookies #ChristmasCookies • Family Around the Table
Pingback: Pistachio Wedding Cookies | #ChristmasCookies - Soulfully Made
I’d be crazy happy to have these cookies arrive at more door!
I’ll admit – I was a little sad to send them off!
Your cookies are almost too pretty to eat. But I love ginger and white chocolate so they are only almost too pretty.
Pretty as they are, they totally demand to be eaten! haha
Pingback: Holiday Gingerbread Spritz Cookies #FBLcookieexchange | The PinterTest Kitchen
These cookies are perfectly decorated….simple and beautiful.
Sometimes simple is best!
Pingback: Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies #ChristmasCookiesWeek #FBLCookieExchange – Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
I love this time of year because I can get gingerbread cookies! These are so pretty too!
Pingback: How to Make the Best Italian Rainbow Cookies | Everyday Eileen
These look absolutely amazing! I love that you took traditional ginerbread cookies and added the white chocolate. YUM!! Happy holidays!
Pingback: Nutty Florentine Cookies | The PinterTest Kitchen
Pingback: Easy Sugar Cookies + Giveaway for #ChristmasCookies Week! | Bear & Bug Eats
Pingback: Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies #ChristmasCookies - theBitterSideofSweet
These are totally gorgeous!! And festive! Plus, I am coveting those sprinkles.
Yummy! My mom makes a cookie that is similar, and none of us can make it except her (no idea why lol). I love the flavors!
Pingback: Cookie Exchange with Chocolate Caramel Chip Cookies - If Spoons Could Talk
These were so good and the favorite at our house. I was impressed at how soft they stayed.
Pingback: Best of 2017 | Kate's Recipe Box
Pingback: Alfajores (dulce de leche sandwich cookies) - Caroline's Cooking
Pingback: Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies #ChristmasCookies – Books n' Cooks
Pingback: Vanilla Bean Pizzelles #ChristmasCookies
Pingback: Nutty Florentine Cookies | Triple Chocolate Kitchen
Pingback: Peppermint Macarons - House of Nash Eats
Pingback: Candy Cane Tassies #ChristmasCookiesWeek