Disclosure: I received complimentary products to use in this post. All opinions are my own.
Today’s cookie recipe is my unexpected favorite of the week – and features #ChristmasCookies week sponsor Nielsen-Massey Fine Vanillas and Flavors. This biscotti is amazing – even if you’re not a biscotti fan, you need to try this! There is such an awesome flavor here – thanks, in large part, to the Nielsen-Massey products – and they pair just delightfully with coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. A small bag of these paired up with some K-Cups would be an amazing teacher or neighbor gift this season!
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas has been crafting the world’s finest vanillas and flavors since 1907. Each of Nielsen-Massey’s all-nature pure flavors are crafted with premium ingredients, sourced from around the world and chosen to meet the utmost quality standards. From lemon to peppermint to coffee or chocolate, Nielsen-Massey’s pure flavors offer convenience, quality and consistency to ensure your favorite recipes taste delicious every single time. All products are gluten-free, allergen-free, GMO-free, all-natural and Kosher.
Nielsen-Massey Fine Vanillas & Flavors is giving one winner a set of their pure flavors: 2-oz each of Orange, Lemon, Peppermint, Almond, Chocolate, Coffee, Rose Water, and Orange Blossom Water. Enter below!
Chocolate Almond Biscotti
(adapted from Italian Food Forever)
Makes about 20
2 Tbsp. softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Nielsen-Massey Pure Almond Extract
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
Dark chocolate candy melts
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Whisk together the flour, slat, and baking powder until well combined.
In another both, whisk the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract together until completely combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until the dough comes together. Fold in the sliced almonds and chocolate.
Knead the dough for a minute or two, until it comes together well. If too sticky, add another Tbsp. of flour.
For them dough into a log approximately 4″ wide and 1 1/2″ high.
Bake for 35 minutes, than remove to cool and reduce oven to 300 degrees.
When it has cooled for about 15-20 minutes, use a serrated knife to slice the log into 1/2″ slices and place, cut side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
Remove and cool completely.
Melt candy melts according to package directions. Drizzle over biscotti and cool completely.
Can’t get enough cookies? For #ChristmasCookies Week, I’m linking up with lots of other bloggers sharing awesome recipes. You can find today’s batch of goodies below!
- Almond Joy No Bake Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Eggnog Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Orange Cookies by Faith, Hope, Luck and Love Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cream Cheese Cookie Cups by Making the Most of Naptime
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Double Dipped Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Eggnog Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Foolproof Holiday Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gingered Lemon Drops by The Frugal Pantry
- Lemon Pizzelle Della Sondra by Girl Abroad
- Mint Chocolate Madeleines by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies by Making Miracles
- Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- White Chocolate Decorated Ginger Crinkles by Love and Confections
9 thoughts on “Chocolate Almond Biscotti #ChristmasCookies”
Chocolate and almond is one of my favorite flavor combos.
Pingback: Easy Sugar Cookies + Giveaway for #ChristmasCookies Week! | Bear & Bug Eats
Pingback: Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies #ChristmasCookies -
Pingback: Cranberry Orange Cookies #ChristmasCookies – Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Pingback: Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies | #ChristmasCookies - Soulfully Made
Don’t you love it when a recipe surprises you with how delicious it is? You expected it to be good, but it surpasses your expectations!
Pingback: Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies #ChristmasCookies • Family Around the Table
Pingback: White Chocolate Decorated Ginger Crinkles #ChristmasCookies
Pingback: Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies - House of Nash Eats