If gingerbread and chocolate chip cookies had a baby, these would be the result. They are the ultimate Christmas cookie. I love everything gingerbread-spiced this time of year, but I’m also a chocolate fanatic. Marrying them is a match made in heaven.
These unassuming cookies are going to be the star of your holiday cookie trays or the hit of your cookie exchange this year – trust me!
Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies
(from Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
Makes 3 dozen
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined.
In another bowl, whisk together the butter and sugars until well combined. Mix in the egg and molasses.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet in increments, stirring until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Roll the dough into 1-1 1/2 balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden around the edges. Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Can’t get enough cookies? For #ChristmasCookies Week, I’m linking up with lots of other bloggers sharing awesome recipes. You can find today’s batch of goodies below!
- Caramel-Stuffed Snickerdoodles by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Cake Mix Christmas M&M Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies by Frugal Pantry
- Coffee-Kissed Pizzelle by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti by Making the Most of Naptime
- Frosted Peppermint Sugar Cookies by My Southern Sweet Tooth
- Gingerdoodles by Making Miracles
- Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Mexican Chocolate Chip Crinkle Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pignoli Cookies by Love and Confections
- Peppermint Macaroons by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Place Setting Sugar Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Santa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Santa’s Thumbprint Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings