Sheet pan pancakes are my new favorite thing.
My three year old is completely obsessed with pancakes and requests them nearly every other day. We’ve been obliging him – but the thing that drives me mad is the timing of them.
He is, of course, starving so he’ll get the first pancakes out of the pan. By the time I’m done cooking up the batter, he’s polished off his plate and is itching to go play. The genius of sheet pan pancakes is that everyone’s pancakes are done at the same time so we can all actually sit down and eat together. It’s kind of awesome.
And since it’s National Peanut Butter Day, I thought I’d share this peanut butter-y version (with compliments to PB’s bff, chocolate). Need some more peanut butter inspiration to help you celebrate today? I’m linking up with some other bloggers to bring you lots of fun options!
Peanut Butter Day Recipes
- 3 Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce by Everyday Eileen
- Marshmallow Peanut Butter Cookies by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by The Freshman Cook
- E.T. Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Swirled Fudge by Cookaholic Wife
- Easy Peanut Butter and Banana Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Fluffernutter Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- My Family’s Favorite Peanut Butter Cookie (recipe remake) by Family Around the Table
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie by Soulfully Made
- Nutter Butter Ice Cream Cone Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Granola Squares by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oatmeal by Frugal Pantry
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Spread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peanut Butter Mocha Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits by The Redhead Baker
- Honey Peanut Butter Popcorn by The Gingered Whisk
- Peanut Butter Snowballs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peanut Ginger Pasta by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Thai Inspired Noodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes
(adapted from Recipe Girl)
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a half-sheet baking sheet with baking parchment, using enough that it hangs over the edges slightly.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a larger bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla until it is well combined and the peanut butter is all incorporated. Stir in dry ingredients until just moistened.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it out to fill the pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Bake 12-15 minutes, until puffy and cooked through.
Remove from the pan using the sides of the parchment to lift. Cut into squares and serve with syrup, if desired.