I’ve been waxing nostalgic lately about the summer before my senior year of college. I think a lot of it has to do with how easy life was then. I had cobbled together a few cushy jobs on campus – web design, the library – that were enough to pay my bills, but leave me with long weekends. I binge watched Sex and the City for the first time. Mark and I took our first real summer vacation. It was just a really laid-back time.
And why have I been thinking about that summer? Because things here have been absolute chaos for months. I was overly hopeful that things would calm down once we’re in the new house, but the universe just laughed at that. I’ll be spending this afternoon home while the plumber fixes a leak from the kids’ bathtub (which involved cutting out the ceiling below it). And calling roofers, because the roof is leaking too. And did I mention I have a bubble in my tire that needs fixing? Of course, these are only the urgent things that have popped up in the last few days — the entire to do list is SO much longer.
But, back to that easygoing summer. One of the highlights was the fruit lemonades they served at the campus café. I randomly thought of their peach lemonade the other day, and decided I needed it asap.
This is a great recreation. Roasting the peaches brings out such a great flavor for really no effort. It’s the perfect addition for a barbecue or summer brunch!
Roasted Peach Lemonade
(adapted from The Naptime Chef)
Makes about 4 cups
2 large peaches, halved and pitted
1 tsp. sugar
4 cups of your favorite lemonade
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with foil and place the peaches on skin-side down. Sprinkle the tops with sugar. Roast for 25 minutes.
Let them cool for a minute or two, then peel them (you should be able to easily pinch the skin off after roasting. Add the peaches to a food processor or blender, along with 1/4 cup lemonade. Blend until smooth and frothy. Stir into the remaining lemonade and serve.
#farmersmarketweek wraps up today! Here’s our grand finale:
Friday #FarmersMarketWeek Recipes
- Bourbon Roasted Cherry Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Broccoli Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Butter-Braised Salmon by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Charlotte de Chou et de Pommes de Terre by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Homemade Mint Ginger Lemonad by Everyday Eileen
- Green Beans with Bacon by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Lemon Sorbet by Family Around the Table
- Old Bay Corn by Cookaholic Wife
- Panzanella Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Rose Sangria by Books n’ Cooks
- Roasted Peach Lemonade by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Satay Beef Noodle Bowl by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Olive Oil Cake by The Baking Fairy
- Summer Corn Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Summer Veggie and Shrimp Quesadilla by The Freshman Cook
- Watermelon Basil Feta Salad by House of Nash Eats