This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Hasselback apples. Or as I like to call it: small batch apple crisp. While this can surely be sized up for a crowd (and wouldn’t this make a lovely dessert for a fall dinner party?!) it’s really perfect when you need a dessert for two.
This was Jake’s personal favorite from all of my #appleweek cooking. He raved about it for days!
This is a pretty basic dish which really lets the apple shine through. The bake times included are for a firm apple. If you’re using a softer variety, you’ll want to cut the bake times a little so your apple doesn’t mush.
Also, a sharp knife is really going to help here it’s hard to get the nice thin slices without one. I used my Swiss Diamond Knife and it was perfect.
And don’t forget, you can enter to win prizes from Swiss Diamond, Flahavan’s, and the other #appleweek sponsors here: a Rafflecopter giveaway
(adapted from My Recipes)
1 large, firm apple
2 Tbsp. brown sugar, divided
1 Tbsp. butter, melted, divided
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
1 Tbsp. Irish oatmeal (I used Flahavan’s)
1/2 tsp. all purpose flour
Dash of salt
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel and core the apple and slice in half. Place the apple halves cut-side down and slice thinly most of the way through, leaving the bottom attached.
Spray a small baking dish with non-stick spray. Transfer the apples to the baking dish.
Combine 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar, 1/2 Tbsp. butter, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Brush evenly over the apple.
Cover the pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
Combine remaining sugar, butter, cinnamon, oats, flour and salt. Spoon evenly over the apples. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Broil for 2 minutes to crisp up the top. Serve with ice cream.
More apple goodies this way! Check out Tuesday’s Recipes:
- 1-Pot Apple Sausage Meatballs by Books n’ Cooks
- ABC Sheet Pan Dinner by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Salad by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Apple Bourbon Float by Our Good Life
- Apple Butter Overnight Chia Oatmeal by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Layer Cake with Brown Butter Streusel by The Baking Fairy
- Apple Cornbread Cakelets by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Crumble Muffins by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Noodle Kugel by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Pie Donuts by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Pie Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pork Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Cranberry Crock Pot Stuffing by West Via Midwest
- Baked Chai-Spiced Apple Chips by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Beet Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Butterscotch Harvest Cake by Tip Garden
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Frozen Custard by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Cold Apple Cider with Caramel Infused Rum by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Blue Cheese & Sliced Apple Crostini by Who Needs a Cape?
- Deconstructed Chocolate Caramel Mini Apple Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Deconstructed Skillet Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fall Panzanella Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze by Soulfully Made
- German Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting by Cooking With Carlee
- Glazed Spiced Apple Cider Cookies by Savory Moments
- Hasselback Apples by Kate’s Recipe Box
- PB Apple Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skillet Apple and Sausage Stuffing Recipe by Lemon Blossoms
- Skinny Apple Crisp by The Saucy Fig
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter by Shockingly Delicious
- One Pan Pork Chops with Apples and Cinnamon by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Out of This World Apple Cake by Family Around the Table
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.
23 thoughts on “Hasselback Apples #appleweek”
Pingback: Creamy Blue Cheese & Sliced Apple Crostini - Who Needs A Cape?
Pingback: Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake #AppleWeek - Cookaholic Wife
Pingback: Skinny Apple Crisp - The Saucy Fig
omg these look so awesome!!
I love this take on baked apples.
Pingback: Apple Pork Burgers #AppleWeek Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Pingback: Caramel Apple Sheet Cake - Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Pingback: Slow Cooker Apple Butter | Spiced Crock-Pot Apple Butter Recipe | Shockingly Delicious
Pingback: Cinnamon Caramel Apple Frozen Custard
Pingback: The Best Apple Crumble Muffins for Baking at Home - The Anthony Kitchen
My mom was just mentioning the we should create a hasselback apple recipe and now we don’t have to! These look delicious!
Pingback: Out of This World Apple Cake • Family Around the Table
Pingback: Apple Cranberry Crock Pot Stuffing - West Via Midwest
Pingback: Best of 2018 | Kate's Recipe Box
Pingback: Apple Butter Overnight Chia Oatmeal #AppleWeek
Pingback: Fall Panzanella Salad - House of Nash Eats
Pingback: apple cinnamon layer cake with brown butter streusel | The Baking Fairy
Pingback: Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze | Soulfully Made
Pingback: Apple Pie Turnovers - The Bitter Side of Sweet
Pingback: PB Apple Muffins #AppleWeek
Pingback: Out of This World Apple Cake • Family Around the Table
Pingback: One Pan Pork Chops with Apples and Cinnamon - Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Pingback: 1-Pot Apple Sausage Meatballs – Books n' Cooks