This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I’m wrapping up #appleweek today with the simplest dish of the week – and my personal favorite.
One of the things I’ve learned over the years is that while the over-the-top, super involved recipes can be really fun, simple recipes with great ingredients are often just as good – if not better.
This cake falls into the super simple category. The whole thing takes just about 10 minutes to prep, and instead of something super polished, it’s got the rustic beauty thing going for it.
And honestly, it’s delicious. This is the perfect cake to pair with a hot cup or tea or coffee, a book, and some of this crisp fall air. Who wants a slice?
Also, now that you’ve seen all the apple goodness, be sure to pop over and enter to win some amazing prizes from #appleweek sponsors! You can enter here: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Apple Cinnamon Cake
(adapted from Skimbaco Lifestyle)
Makes 1 9″ Cake
1 cup flour
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
1 large apple
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract (I used Rodelle)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9″ baking pan and set aside.
Peel, core, and slice the apple. In a bowl, toss the apple slices with 2 Tbsp. sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, until evenly coated.
Using an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, flour, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Arrange the cinnamon-sugar coated apple slices on top, pushing them down just slightly.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for several minutes, then remove from the pan and dust with powdered sugar.
Out with a bang! Check out these Saturday Recipes:
- Apple Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with Butternut Squash by Girl Abroad
- Apple Butter Cheesecake Tart by Soulfully Made
- Apple Cheesecake Breakfast Quesadillas by 4 Sons R Us
- Apple Cinnamon Cake by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Spiced Donut Cake by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Bars by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Crisp Breakfast Bowl by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple Fennel and Beet Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Hand Pies with an Oatmeal Crust by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Nachos by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Peanut Butter Ebelskivers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Tortas Fritas (Argentinean Fry Bread with Apples) by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Oatmeal Pancakes by Simple and Savory
- Apple Rosette Frangipane Tart by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Applesauce Oatmeal Bread With Vanilla Honey Butter by Cooking With Carlee
- Caramel-Stuffed Apple Butter Snickerdoodles by The Redhead Baker
- Chicken Salad with Apples, Cranberries, and Pecans by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Iced Oatmeal Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Harvest Apple Cakelets with Maple Drizzle by Everyday Eileen
- Pink Peppercorn & Curry Leaf Chicken Salad by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Stuffed Apples with Cheddar and Sausage by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.