What are you being for Halloween this year? So far, we’ve got a purple dinosaur and Frankenstein’s monster. (And I’m hoping it doesn’t change at this point, since I bought the fabric to make them!)
As much as I love Halloween, it can be a little hectic. Aside from making costumes, we have two trunk or treats to prep for, the preschool costume parade, and classroom party – not to mention Halloween itself. Oh, and all the “real life” stuff happening this month too.
Sometimes, you just need something quick and easy. These muddy buddies are quick and easy. Mix them up in about ten minutes and you’ll be off to your Halloween party in no time.
Need some more Halloween inspiration? Here are some more fun ideas for the holiday:
- Bloody Deviled Eggs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Ghost Cheddar Popcorn by Palatable Pastime
- Graveyard Chocolate Apple Slices by Big Bear’s Wife
- Graveyard Cookie Dip by Our Good Life
- Halloween Crunch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Halloween Haystacks by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Muddy Buddies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Monster Marshmallows by Family Around the Table
- Monster Mash Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mummy Brownies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Shrimp on the Brain Dip by Cooking with Carlee
- Vampire’s Bite – Bloody Halloween Rum Cocktail by Daily Dish Recipes
- Vampire Victim Cocktail by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Halloween Muddy Buddies
(from A Southern Fairytale)
Makes a large bowl – about 13 cups
5 cups corn Chex cereal
5 cups rice Chex cereal
2 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cups Nutella
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup chocolate cake mix
2 cups Autumn Mix M&Ms
1/2 cup candy corn
1/2 cup Indian corn
1/2 cup candy corn pumpkins
Dump all the Chex in a large bowl.
Add the powdered sugar to a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Add the cake mix to another gallon-sized ziplock bag. Set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and Nutella. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir well, and continue to microwave in 15 second intervals until smooth and creamy.
Pour the melted Nutella over the chex and gently stir to combine until all the cereal is coated. Divide the cereal in half. Add half to the bag with powdered sugar and half to the bag with cake mix.
Seal the bags and shake until everything is well coated. Pour out on paper towels to rest and cool for at least an hour.
Combine coated cereal with candies and serve.