Cranberry Orange muffins are my favorite. I love cranberry and orange together, and this time of year always feels like muffin weather. Curl up with one of these and a hot beverage and you’ve got the perfect fall treat.
These are an easy one to mix up and I love that it makes a relatively small batch – great for a small family brunch.
The flavors are bright. Orange juice and orange zest make the batter a sunny color, and the fresh cranberries add a great tart bite to these. I love these fresh out of the oven, but you can also pop them in the oven or toaster to warm up the next day and they’re also fabulous.
I’m excited to be sharing this recipe as part of Cranberry Week – now in it’s third year! See all the tasty cranberry recipes being shared today below and follow #cranberryweek on social media for more ideas all week long.
- Cranberry Apple Crisp from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Apple Sangria from The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts from The Gingered Whisk
- Cranberry Breakfast Smoothie from Our Good Life
- Cranberry Chicken Noodle Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Orange Muffins from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Creamy Cranberry Chicken Wild Rice Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Fall Magic Bars from Books n’ Cooks
- Herbed Cranberry Chèvre Truffles from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Turkey Cranberry Bagels from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- White Chocolate Cranberry Popcorn from Family Around the Table
Cranberry Orange Muffins
(from Joyful Healthy Eats)
Makes 12 Muffins
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup cranberries
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp. grated orange zest
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in cranberries.
In another bowl, whisk together the egg, orange juice, orange zest, and coconut oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.