This post is sponsored on behalf of #ChristmasCookiesWeek. The generous sponsors, YumGoggle, Sprinkle Pop, Silpat and Adams Extracts have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Welcome to Christmas Cookies Week! I’m so excited to be joining with a fabulous group of bloggers to bring you a week chock-full of Christmas cookie goodness.
I’m kicking off this week with these fabulous Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Shortbread cookies. In true shortbread fashion, these are a little crisp, with a melt-in-your-mouth texture. The spice of the ginger is balanced nicely by a dip in melted chocolate.
These are pretty much the definition of a Christmas cookie to me – and so adorable thanks to Sprinkle Pop sprinkles!
And, in the spirit of the holidays, we have some amazing prizes to giveaway from our generous sponsors. Be sure to enter – we’d love to give you one of these holiday gifts!
Prize Package #1:
From Adams Extracts comes a selection of baking delights including their prize-winning pound cake mix, pure vanilla extract, pure peppermint extract, double strength pure vanilla extract, pound cake flavor extract and vanilla cinnamon sugar.
Adams traces its beginnings back to Battle Creek, Michigan, when John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract, Adamur, in 1888. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, TX. At the time, most vanilla was sold to pharmacies and was often labeled “Do not bake or freeze.” John A. Adams, whose imagination was stirred by his wife’s yearning for a flavoring that wouldn’t bake or freeze out, announced that he could produce a better vanilla than the one his wife was currently using. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams discovered the formula he wanted.
Prize Package #2:
YumGoggle is giving away a variety of holiday and Christmas cookie cutters. The winner of this prize package will receive a sleigh, large ornament and two cookie cutter sets. The first is a mug/ sweater set called Ugly Sweater Specialty Cookie Cutter Set and the second is a Santa/ reindeer set called North Pole Specialty Cookie Cutter Set. Each set includes 2 cookie cutters, 2 templates, 2 instruction cars and 4 bonus templates.
The YumGoggle gallery features food photography from contributors around the world. If you’re looking for a recipe, chances are you’ll find it on YumGoggle. The photos not only whet your appetite but you can easily find the recipes by clicking the photo.
Prize Package #3:
The winner of this Sprinkle Pop prize package will get their choice of 3 sprinkle varieties, at $35.00 value. Winner will be contacted by or need to contact Sprinkle Pop for fulfillment.
Sprinkle Pop offers trendy sprinkle mixes that you won’t find anywhere else. Fun fact: Over 50% of their sprinkle mixes are dyed in house, making each experience one of a kind. Sprinkle Pop also creates one of a kind confetti shapes that are unique to their mixes. Make every occasion a festive one with these fun sprinkle creations.
Prize Package #4:
One winner will receive an 11 5/8 inch x 16 1/2 inch Silpat® baking mat which is perfect for all of your cookie baking throughout the year. Reduces the need for parchment and is reusable.
The original silicone baking mat made from a dedicated silicone with reinforced fiberglass mesh. Nothing sticks to Silpat® which means you’ll spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying your baking creations. Silpat® replaces the need for butter, grease, oils, and sprays.
- Multi-purpose non-stick silicone baking and pastry mat.
- No cooking sprays, oils or parchment paper needed.
- Not to be used as a cutting surface.
- Can be used in the oven, microwave and freezer.
Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Shortbread
(adapted from Hungry Couple)
Makes 3 dozen
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. molasses
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
6 oz. dark chocolate
Sprinkles (I used The Ginger Man Sprinkle Mix from Sprinkle Pop)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Stir in the molasses and vanilla.
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined.
Roll out the dough to approximately 1/2″ thick and cut into even strips. My cookies were about 1″ x 3 1/2″, and the dough made just about 3 dozen.
Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. Let cool.
When cool, melt the chocolate in the microwave on half power. Dip each cookie stick in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with sprinkles.
Looking for more Christmas cookie inspiration? Here are more than 30 ideas from my fellow blogger friends, with more to come every day this week!
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Monday Recipes
- Ach Tannebaum’ Iced Sugar Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Brown Sugar Ornament Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Butter Pecan Nuggets by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies by Tip Garden
- Chocolate Espresso Brown Sugar Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate Snowball Cookies by Hardly A Goddess
- Chocolate-Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Christmas Macarons by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Christmas Rosette Sugar Cookies by Love and Confections
- Christmas Sprinkle Pudding Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Classic Spritz by Books n’ Cooks
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Frostbite Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- Gingerbread Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Hot Chocolate Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by Caroline’s Cooking
- Oatmeal Rolled Sugar Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Peppermint Cookie Dough Truffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peppermint Meltaways by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peppermint Pizzelles by Girl Abroad
- Peppermint Thins by Palatable Pastime
- Pistachio Cranberry Macaron by Yumgoggle
- Sour Cream Decorated Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Chocolate Molasses Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by The Baking Fairy
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Shortbread by Kate’s Recipe Box
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies by The Redhead Baker
- Whoville Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.