This post is sponsored in conjunction with Christmas Cookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Christmas Cookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I grew up with my Grandfather’s stollen as a Christmas tradition, so it took me years to realize that most of the world doesn’t love fruit cake.
Honestly, I think the rest of the world is wrong, it’s delicious. I think too many people’s first encounter was a questionably-made, mass produced dessert no one would like. If you’d tried Opa’s, I’m sure you would solidly be in my corner.
I got SO excited when I saw this recipe last year and I’ve been dreaming of it since. Usually, I try to make Christmas cookies that will be crowd pleasers, but these? I made them simply because I knew I’d love them. ‘Tis the season to treat yourself, right?
So these are a gift for you, fellow fruit cake lovers. I know we’re in the minority here, but I say embrace it! Make yourself a batch of these this holiday to make yourself happy – I’m sure you’re doing enough to make others smile!
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Thursday Recipes
- Celebrating Sinterklaas with Speculaas by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Mint Thumbprints by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Shortbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Spice Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cream Cheese Buttons with a Dark Chocolate Drizzle by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Empire Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Iced Peppermint Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Lemon Shortbread Sandwich Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Mexican Wedding Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprints by Family Around the Table
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cereal Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peppermint Brownie Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Patty Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Red and White Pinwheel Cookies by Hardly A Goddess
- Truffle Filled Cookie Tarts by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by The Saucy Fig
And don’t forget there are a whole bunch of awesome prizes that will make you smile up for grabs during #ChristmasCookiesWeek thanks to our sponsors. You can enter here: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Fruit Cake Cookie Bars
(adapted from The Spiffy Cookie)
Makes about 2 dozen
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
2 cups diced fruit cake mix (or a combo of chopped candied cherries and chopped candied pineapple)
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup shredded coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13″ pan with parchment sprayed with cooking spray.
In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs with the butter until evenly combined. Press evenly into the prepared pan.
Evenly sprinkle the fruit cake mix, raisin, almonds, and coconut over the top. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over everything.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden around the edges. Cool completely before slicing.
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.