This post is sponsored in conjunction with Christmas Cookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Christmas Cookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
If you make up holiday cookie trays, you know there are two types of cookies: “showpieces” and “fillers”. Your showpieces are the eye-catching ones – the iced sugar cookies, the ones rolled in sprinkles or dusted with peppermint. Your fillers are the cookies that make up “everything else”.
These are fillers.
The thing about fillers is they’re unassuming. It’s probably not the cookie you grab off the tray first, but my goal is always to make my fillers delicious. These fillers absolutely fit the bill.
The combo of cream cheese and vanilla give these cookies the best flavor – and the texture is almost melt-in-your-mouth. Topped off with a drizzle of dark chocolate, these unassuming cookies will vie for your favorite without a doubt.
I flavored these with Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, which was provided by sponsor Adams Extract. It added an amazing vanilla flavor. I’m planning to make a repeat batch of these later in the season replacing the vanilla with the peppermint extract they also sent. I think it’s going to be amazing topped off with dark chocolate again and sprinkled with crushed candy cane pieces!
Today is the last day of #ChristmasCookiesWeek – I hope you all found some great inspiration for your holiday baking this week! There’s another batch of awesome cookie recipes below – and if you haven’t already entered the giveaway, take a minute and do so! There are a whole bunch of great products, including an amazing pack of baking goodies from Adams Extract. You can enter here:
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Friday Recipes
- Chocolate-Dipped Almond Biscotti by House of Nash Eats
- Andes Mint Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Brownie Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Bubble Light Sugar Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Cutout Sugar Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Madeleines by Family Around The Table
- Christmas Ornament Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Christmas Tree Meringue Cookies by The Redhead Baker
- Classic No Bake Cookies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies with Eggnog Glaze by Love and Confections
- Figgy Pudding Thumbprints by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Frosted Chocolate Cherry Almond Bars by YumGoggle
- Cream Cheese Buttons with a Dark Chocolate Drizzle by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Gingerbread Cookie Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Holiday Lights Sugar Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Snowdrops by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Merry Moose Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Not Your Grandma’s Sugar Cookies by Girl Abroad
- Ooey, Gooey Gingerbread Bars by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pecan Shortbread Trees by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Perfectly Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies by Tip Garden
- Peppermint Meltaway Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sour Cream Cut Out Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spiced Chocolate Cut Out Cookies with Marble Glaze by The Baking Fairy
- Sweet Potato Pie Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Whoville Christmas Wreath Sugar Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Cream Cheese Buttons with a Dark Chocolate Drizzle
(adapted from Caramel Potatoes)
Makes 3 dozen
2 sticks butter
3 oz. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla extract (I used Adam’s Best Vanilla Flavor)
2 1/2 cups flour
4 oz. dark chocolate
In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar together until well blended. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla extract. Gradually blend in flour until completely incorporated.
Chill for an hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Scoop by heaping teaspoon-fulls onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Press down slightly.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave on half power. Drizzle over the cookies with a fork and let cool completely again.
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.