Happy National Soup Swap Day! It’s seriously one of my favorite days of the year.
I mean, really, what is better than getting together with your friends on a chilly January Saturday and eating lots of soup?
This Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Soup is my contribution to this year’s soup swap. Since it’s essentially pizza in a bowl, it’s a crowd pleaser – and especially a hit with the kids.
Pepperoni not your favorite pizza topping? It can easily be switched out for anything that tickles your fancy. I think next time, we’ll be shooting for a Supreme Pizza Soup, and adding in olives, peppers, and onions.
I’m also hosting a virtual soup swap today with some of my blogger friends. If you’re looking for soups to keep you warm this winter, we have you covered!
National Soup Swap Day Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Soup by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Beef Noodle Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Black Bean Soup with Bacon by Food Above Gold
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cod Chowder with Bacon by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- French Onion Soup by The Redhead Baker
- German Goulash Soup by Savory Moments
- Healthy Crockpot Split Pea Soup by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Herbed Chicken and Spinach Soup by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Asiago Artichoke Ham & Bean Soup by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Italian Wedding Soup by Cooking For My Soul
- Parsnip Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Beef and Barley by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Creamy Potato and Ham Soup by Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Manhattan Clam Chowder by Everyday Eileen
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup by The Spiffy Cookie
- Stuffed Pepper Meatball Soup by Tip Garden
- Vegan Thai Roasted Carrot Soup by The Baking Fairy
Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Soup
(adapted from 365 Days of Slow + Pressure Cooking)
1 lb ground Italian sausage, browned and rinsed under hot water to remove all the grease
1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. ground thyme
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 – 14.5 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes
3 cups water
4 tsp. chicken bouillon
2 – 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1/3 cup flour
5 oz. chopped pepperoni
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Parsley, for garnish
Add the browned and rinsed Italian sausage to the slow cooker. Stir in spices, tomatoes, water, and bouillon until well combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the tomato sauce and flour. Stir into the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Before serving, stir in the pepperoni and cheese, until melted.
Serve topped with parsley.