When I was pregnant with Jake, I used to crave everything pizza. I joked that this blog was going to turn into “how many different ways can you make pizza”. With Julie, it was burgers. Now that I’m a mom? I feel like I’m constantly trying to remix my kids’ number one request – hot dogs.
These fun hot dog sliders are the perfect, kid-friendly party food for the big game. The slider size is perfect for the snacky occasion, and gives you the opportunity to customize them up differently based on everyone’s tastes. They’re novel enough that the adults will enjoy them, but they’re hot dogs, so they’ll win the kids’ hearts too.
You can also make them ahead so you don’t miss too much of the game (or the commercials, depending on your preference). Just pop it in the fridge instead of baking, and then let it stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes when you’re ready to bake.
Looking for more game day inspiration? Here are more fabulous football-ready recipes from fellow bloggers!
- Beef & Cheddar Stuffed Rolls by Tip Garden
- Spicy Touchdown Chili by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Quick and Easy Restaurant Salsa by Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
- Wisconsin Beer Brats by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Bacon Swiss Tarts by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- North Carolina BBQ Wings by The Freshman Cook
- Skillet Pizza Dip by Family Around the Table
- Deep Fried Pickles with Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce by Food Above Gold
- Chorizo Taco Pizza with Cilantro Sauce by The Spiffy Cookie
- Air Fryer Korean-Style BBQ Chicken Wings by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by Our Good Life
- Hot Dog Sliders by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Fried Bologna and Onion Sandwiches by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chili Cheese Beef Brats by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Bell Pepper Nachos by Blogghetti
- Soda Glazed Kielbasa Game Day Bites by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Vegan Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Wings by The Baking Fairy
Hot Dog Sliders
Makes 12 sliders
12 slider rolls
6 hot dogs
4 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. Worcestershire
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. Sesame seeds
Your favorite hot dog toppings – chili, cheese, chopped onions, ketchup, mustard, relish, etc.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9×13″ baking pan with parchment. Place the bottoms of the slider rolls in the pan.
Cut the hot dogs in half legth-wise, and then in half again width-wise – the hot dogs should be quartered, with a side to lay flat. Place two quarters flat-side down on each slider roll.
Top off each hot dog with your favorite toppings. If you have picky eaters, this is a great opportunity for them to create their own! Mix and match the pan for your crowd’s tastes.
Place the tops of the rolls on each slider.
In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, onion powder, Worcestershire, and dijon mustard. Brush over the tops of the slider rolls and let sit five minutes to absorb. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, then cover the pan with foil.
Bake for 15 minutes, until hot throughout. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to toast up the tops of the buns a bit. Serve immediately.