Happy Valentine’s Day, readers! I hope you’re all feeling the love from people in your life today!
I’ll be spending a good chunk of the day in bed – but not in the sexy way. I’ve been hit by the plague.
Officially, it’s not the flu since my swab came back negative, but urgent care seemed to think it was the flu anyway – and it’s kicking my butt. Add in one kid with an ear infection and one kid with pink eye and we’re a super fun house right now.
While I usually try to make a fancy dinner on Valentine’s Day, this year we’re just ordering in a heart shaped pizza. It’s all I can handle, but that’s okay – we’re going to enjoy the heck out of it.
If you are looking for something that feels fancy for dinner tonight, this is a great option. The marinade whisks up in about five minutes, and then it only takes about 15 minutes to cook at dinner. It’s the epitome of quick and easy, but the flavors of the wine and Italian seasoning make it feel elegant.
It was also the perfect thing to cook up for the #ImprovCookingChallenge – this month’s featured ingredients were wine and Italian seasoning!
The #ImprovCookingChallenge is a monthly blogging event where two ingredients are assigned to a month. Bloggers can make any recipe they like as long as it features the two ingredients. If you are a blogger and would like to join us, please visit our Facebook page. You can also read more about the event on our our home page.
Improv Cooking Challenge: February 2019
Ingredients: Wine and Italian Seasoning
- Creamy Italian Dressing With Mayo & Red Wine Vinegar by Sneha’s Recipe
- White Wine & Herb Grilled Chicken by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Veal Scalloppini and Piccata Gnocchi by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker White Wine Mushrooms by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Italian Roast Beef by Cookaholic Wife
- Winey Mary: Bloody Mary meets Red Wine by Our Good Life
- Lemon Caper Italian Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lady and the Tramp Spaghetti and Meatballs by Simply Inspired Meals
- Italian Sausage Marinara with Penne by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pasta in White Wine Herb Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sausage Spaghetti Sauce Over Zoodles by Reviews, Chews & How-Tos
If you’d like to see previous creations, check out our Pinterest board.
White Wine and Herb Grilled Chicken
2 lbs. chicken breasts
1/2 cup white wine
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1 1/2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
Pound out the chicken until about 1/2″ thick.
In a large ziplock bag or bowl, whisk to combine the wine, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Add the chicken and turn a few times to coat. Let marinate for 2-6 hours.
Spray a grill or grill pan with nonstick spray. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes, turning halfway, until chicken is cooked through.
adapted from The Busy Baker