We have three weeks left of school and I honestly couldn’t be more excited for this summer to start. Our last summer was crazy with the move, so I’m purposely leaving as much time wide open this summer as possible so we can all just play.
Lazy backyard days capped off with dinner on the deck? That is totally my idea of a perfect summer.
We’re planning a lot of barbecues this summer to make up for our lack of them last year – so I’m super excited to dive into #BBQWeek and try out some recipes I’ve been eyeing for way too long!
I’m kicking things off with an awesome, go-to recipe.
Baked beans are a summer staple but I rarely make them from scratch because they take a long time to make – unless, of course, you use your pressure cooker. With the Instant Pot, the beans take about an hour and half total – a stark difference from the hours it would take to bake them (not including the overnight soak time either, which is eliminated with this recipe!)
As always, from scratch runs circles around the canned version. Once you make these, it will be hard to go back!
- BBQ Beef Spring Rolls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- BBQ Brisket Burger by The Spiffy Cookie
- Best Creamy Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Ceviche Shrimp Cups by The Freshman Cook
- Corn Fritters by Back To My Southern Roots
- Cuban Sandwich Burger by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Grilled Mac and Cheese Burgers by Our Good Life
- Grilled Pineapple Mai Tai by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Porterhouse Steaks with Garlic Herb Compound Butter by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Veggie Pasta by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot Baked Beans by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Orzo Pasta Salad with Feta and Tequila Dressing by Food Above Gold
- Sosaties (South African Lamb and Apricot Kebabs) by Caroline’s Cooking
- St. Louis BBQ Pork Steaks by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Strawberry Basil Margarita by The Beard and The Baker
- Strawberry Broccoli Salad by Sweet Beginnings
- Tropical Cheesecake Bars by Family Around the Table
- Warm Roasted Carrot & Pea Chipotle Salad by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Instant Pot Baked Beans
Serves 8-10 as a side
16 oz. dry navy beans
8 cups water
1 tsp. salt
8 slices bacon, chopped
1 yellow onion , finely chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
2/3 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup water
In the Instant Pot, add beans, water and salt. Seal and set to manual cook time of 25 minutes under high pressure. Cook on manual (high pressure) for 25 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then release remaining pressure.
Remove the lid and drain the beans in a colander. Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside to let drain. Wipe our the Instant Pot.