You know what I’ve noticed? Almost no one brings vegetables to a barbecue – but, when someone does, they always seem to get gobbled up.
I think a large part of their scarcity is that vegetables don’t have a great reputation for being an easy dish to take along. Let this one change your mind.
These marinated veggies cook up in just a few minutes, so they’re perfect to grill up just before guests arrive (or you head out, if you’re the guest!) and the dip can be made ahead and brought back to room temperature before serving.
They’re also just as good lukewarm or room temperature as they are straight off the grill – especially when paired with the creamy whipped feta dip.
This amazing tray of nature’s bounty will go fast! The pictures here are of a double batch – if you’re cooking for any kind of a crowd, I’d highly suggest doubling what’s below!
And, if your grill grates are further apart, you can put a grill pan or aluminum foil on the grill to cook the smaller veggies without them slipping through the grates.
- BBQ Grilled Corn on the Cob by The Spiffy Cookie
- Brown Butter Blondies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Calico Beans with Hamburger by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Patriotic Blueberry Jello Cheesecake Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Easy White Bean Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Eggplant, Tomatoes, and Burrata Platter by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Pineapple Salsa by Food Above Gold
- Grilled Pork Thai Bowl by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled BBQ Strawberry Shortcake by Our Good Life
- Grilled Tuscan Chicken Flatbreads by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Vegetables with Whipped Avocado Feta Dip by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Honey Citrus Chicken Sandwiches by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Jalapeno Bacon Baked Beans by Sweet Beginnings
- Kaiser Rolls by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- No Bake Oreos and Cream Dessert by Family Around the Table
- Red Skinned Potato Salad by The Beard and The Baker
- Salami and Cream Cheese Roll Ups by Cookaholic Wife
- S’mores Bars by Back To My Southern Roots
- Strawberry Green Iced Tea by Palatable Pastime
Grilled Vegetables with Whipped Avocado Feta Dip
Serves 6-8 as a side
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 zucchini squash, sliced into rounds
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 large eggplant, sliced into rounds
1 large onion, sliced into rounds
1 cup radishes, halved
8 oz. crumbled Feta cheese, at room temperature
1 avocado, diced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, paprika, and pepper.
Lay the veggies out in a deep dish – I used a casserole dish – and pour the marinade over. turning to coat. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
When ready to grill, preheat the grill to high and spray with non-stick spray. Grill the veggies for a few minutes on each side, turning halfway. You want to see those grill marks!
To make the whipped feta, place the feta, avocado, and olive oil in a food processor and puree until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed, about five minutes.
Serve the whipped feta with the vegetables.
adapted from How Sweet Eats