Guys, this is going to be my dessert of the summer. Ridiculously easy and so good, these are the perfect dessert for a barbecue.
My kids pretty much dove into this. I mean, warm, sticky doughnuts with a cool strawberry-basil dip – what’s not to love?
But, let’s go back to the super easy aspect for a minute. The dip is just four ingredients and can be mixed up ahead of time. (You’ll want to bring it to room temperature before serving so it’s not to thick to dip, though.)
And the doughnuts? They’re store-bought. My Walmart always has these on the “we made too much cart” for a few dollars a dozen. I’ve never thought of them as anything special, but once you pop them onto the grill? Oh my goodness what a transformation!
The heat of the grill makes them soft and melts the glaze into gooey goodness. Paired with the cool, less-sweet dip, it’s really an amazing mouthful.
- Asian Inspired Short Rib Burger by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Best Margarita Recipe by Family Around the Table
- Crying Tiger by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Pistachio Cupcakes with Pistachio Frosting by Daily Dish Recipes
- Grilled Doughnuts with Strawberry Basil Dip by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Hawaiian Chicken Sliders by The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Mojitos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lime Curd Frozen Custard by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pimm’s Cup Cocktail by Caroline’s Cooking
- Savory Garlic Grilled Potatoes by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked BBQ Pork Steaks by Our Good Life
- Ridiculously Good Dry Rub for Ribs by Food Above Gold
- Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Tuscan Style Tuna Steaks by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Grilled Doughnuts with Strawberry Basil Dip
12 Glazed Doughnuts
4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 Tbsp. packed basil
3 Tbsp. honey
In a food processor or blender, combine the cream cheese, strawberries, basil and honey. Process until well combined and smooth. If grilling the doughnuts immediately, set aside. If you’re making it ahead, refrigerate it and then bring it to room temperature before serving.
To grill the doughnuts, preheat the grill to medium-high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
Add the doughnuts and cook for 30 seconds – 1 minute per side, watching to make sure they don’t burn. You want them warm and the icing melt-y, but they don’t really need to cook.
Serve the warm doughnuts immediately with the strawberry-basil dip.
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
11 thoughts on “Grilled Doughnuts with Strawberry Basil Dip #BBQWeek”
Pingback: Asian Inspired Short Rib Burger - A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Well, you don’t have to tell me twice! This is a great way to spruce up regular donuts. YUM.
That strawberry basil dip sounds amazing, and I’d never have thought to grill donuts, so fun!
Pingback: Texas Sheet Cake | The Spiffy Cookie
How fun is grilling a donut? Love this idea and that dip sounds great.
That is so clever!! Grilling day old doughnuts is a revelation.
Pingback: Key Lime Pie Mojito - Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
This is such a yummy idea, and it makes those doughnuts nice and warm! I can’t wait to try it with my kiddos.
How fun and easy! I think my kids would love this idea.
Pingback: Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies – Msafingi.xyz
Pingback: Best Margarita Recipe • Family Around the Table