This post is sponsored in conjunction with #AppleWeek . I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
We are really enjoying the beautiful fall weather lately. It’s made for a lot of dinners on the deck. And while we’re full into fall flavors – like apples! – we’re still using our preferred summer method of cooking – the grill.
These pork and apple burgers are an awesome fall dinner for this cusp season – it feels like a summer meal, but is full of fall flavors.
These combine just a few ingredients but pack a huge flavor punch. I love the taste of pork and Envy apples balance each other – and pretzel buns and blue cheese are the perfect accompaniments. I added in Flahavan’s oats to bind the burgers together and give them a good chewiness.
All week, #appleweek bloggers will be sharing lots of apple goodness! Here are Tuesday’s recipes:
- Apple Pie Ice Cream by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Snickerdoodles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Apple Vanilla Oatmeal Cookies by Savory Moments
- Buttery Apple Cider Tea-Infused Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Caramel Apple S’Mores by Palatable Pastime
- Cider Tea Infused Apple Cinnamon Rolls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cozy Apple Cupcakes with Easy Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting by Cooking with Carlee
- Easy Apple Strudel by Cookaholic Wife
- Homemade Apple Cider by Tip Garden
- Overnight Cinnamon Apple Oats by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork & Apple Burgers by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Savory Apple Sausage Balls by Who Needs a Cape?
And, of course, all of the #appleweek sponsors have offered up amazing prizes. Be sure to enter here: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Pork and Apple Burgers
1 lb. ground pork
1 Envy apple, shredded
1/2 cup Flahavian’s Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard + more for serving
1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 oz. blue cheese
4 pretzel buns
4 leaves lettuce
Combine the pork, shredded apple, oatmeal, mustard, and theme and mix until well combined. Form into 4 patties.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the patties for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway.
Serve on pretzel buns with lettuce, additional mustard, and blue cheese.
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & Colledge, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Nine (9) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.