This post is sponsored in conjunction with #AppleWeek . I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Growing up, one of my favorite treats was lunch at the pizza buffet. And my favorite dessert there? Apple pie pizza. This recreation isn’t the same one I grew up with – it’s better.
Homemade pizza dough and homemade apple pie filling give this a fresh taste – unlike the mostly-processed one I remember from childhood.
Good quality ingredients make this simple dessert delicious. This recipe features Envy apples, flour and brown sugar from Bob’s Red Mill and vanilla bean paste from Taylor & Colledge. And the apples were prepped using a knife and corer from Zyliss!
This is such a great dessert for fall get-togethers. Whether you’re just doing pizza night or a full-on fall potluck, this will be the perfect addition!
All week, #appleweek bloggers will be sharing lots of apple goodness! Here are Friday’s recipes:
- Apple Cider Cheesecake Bars by Snacks and Sips
- Apple Cider Tea Chicken with Apples & Sweet Potato by Books n’ Cooks
- Apple Cider Tea Latte by Who Needs A Cape?
- Apple Monster “Donuts” by An Affair from the Heart
- Apple “Fries” with Caramel Cheesecake Dip by Our Good Life
- Apple Pie Pizza by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Pie Truffles by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apples and Honeycomb Chocolate Bars by The Monday Box
- Baked Apples and Cinnamon Overnight Oats by Simple and Savory
- Caramel Apple Cider Banana Bread by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Cider Slushies by Savory Moments
- Air Fryer Chocolate Glazed Apple Hand Pies by Blogghetti
- Frosty Apple Cocktail by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Green Appletini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hard Cider Iced Tea by The Baking Fairy
- Oatmeal Caramel Apple Thumbprints by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Peanut Butter Apple Blondies by Cookaholic Wife
- Rag Top Apple Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Soda-Glazed Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Rustic Buttermilk Apple Cake by Cooking With Carlee
And, of course, all of the #appleweek sponsors have offered up amazing prizes. Be sure to enter here: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Apple Pie Pizza
Makes 12″ pizza
1 recipe pizza dough
For the apples:
4 Envy apples, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill brown sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups water
Mix together the apples and lemon juice and set aside.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil for a minute. Stir in apples and return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
For crumb topping:
6 Tbsp. butter
2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill brown sugar
2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill flour
Mix together until thoroughly combined and crumbly.
For the glaze:
1-2 cups powered sugar
1 tsp. Taylor and Colledge vanilla bean paste
1 Tbsp. milk
Whisk together until smooth. If too thick to drizzle, add additional milk 1 tsp. at a time.
To make the pizza:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Roll the pizza dough into a 12″ round and transfer to a round pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Spread the apple pie filling over the baked crust. Top with crumbs. Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and drizzle glaze over the top.
This is great served warm or at room temperature.
adapted from Inside Bru Crew Life
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & Colledge, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Nine (9) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.