Raise your hand if you’ve already been over-indulging in the Halloween goodies a bit! I know I have.
But, I’ve also been loving fall salads and life is all about balance, right?
Colorful with bright flavors, this one is a new favorite.
The blood oranges and pomegranates came in the box of “Freaky Fruits” courtesy of Melissa’s Produce. They were probably the least freaky items in the sense that they’re fruits we’ve had before, but that color just makes a bloody fun salad for this time of year!
This salad is pretty simple – minimal chopping involved! – and I love the variety of textures and colors. It’s all topped off with a super simple vinaigrette, too – just add everything to a jar and shake well!
More #FreakyFruitsFriday Recipes:
- Asian Strawberry Papaya Salad by Frugal & Fit
- Blood Orange Chicken Red Peppers and Spinach by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blood Orange, Pomegranate, and Avocado Salad by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chayote Squash-Apple Crisp by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Chayote with Roasted Tomatoes and Chile by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Dragonfruit and Pomegranate Mojito by Hezzi-d’s Books and Cooks
- Dragonfruit-Vanilla Bean Layer Cake by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Passion Fruit Whip by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Chayote Squash with Herbs by Blogghetti
- Super Green Smoothie with Tropical Fruit by Simple and Savory
- Vegan Coconut Lime Trifles with Tropical Fruit Salad by The Baking Fairy
- Yogurt Panna Cotta by Cooking with Carlee
Blood Orange, Pomegranate, & Avocado Salad
For the salad:
16 oz. mixed baby greens
2 blood oranges, peeled, sliced and seeded
1 avocado, diced
1/3 cup pomegranate arils
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup crumbled feta
For the dressing:
Zest of 1 blood orange
1/4 cup juice from blood oranges, about 2
1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
Toss together the salad ingredients.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad, to taste.
Dressing from Garnish and Glaze