It’s been a week for comfort food around here. When you’re feeling low, is there anything better than a bowl of chili? Not really, especially when it’s this easy to make.
This buffalo chicken chili is perfect for cool fall days – and simple enough for a weeknight.
It’s been a rough week around here and easy and comforting is exactly what I needed. This chili fits the bill perfectly.
In the morning, brown up the ground chicken and dump it along with the rest of the ingredients into your slow cooker. At dinner, just stir and serve. That’s it.
The result is a cozy, comforting bowl of chili. While it’s made with buffalo sauce, the cream cheese cuts the heat nicely. It has some heat, but it’s nothing overwhelming – just enough to warm you up.
I’m sharing this chili today as part of Cheese Curd in Paradise‘s Chili Cook-Off!
Welcome to our #ChiliCookOff!
We have delicious recipes from across the country to get your chili making to the next level of delicious!
- Slow Cooker Taco Chili by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- White Bean Turkey Chili by Sweet Beginnings
- Frito Pie Chili by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Buckeye Chili by The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet Hot Pepper Jelly Ground Beef & Bean Chili by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Steak Fajita Chili by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Garden Fresh Chili by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- BBQ Beef Brisket Chili by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Classic Chili Recipe by Our Crafty Mom
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
1 lb. ground chicken
15 oz. can small white beans
14 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 – 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp. dried cilantro
1/4 tsp. salt
8 oz. cream cheese
Shredded cheddar cheese or blue cheese crumbles, for topping
In a large skillet, cook the ground chicken. Transfer to the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except cheeses, and stir to combine. Place the block of cream cheese on top, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Stir in cream cheese until well combined and serve topped with shredded cheddar or blue cheese crumbles.
slightly adapted from Slow Cooker Gourmet