This post is sponsored in conjunction with#NationalSlowCookerMonth . I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #NationalSlowCookerMonth recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
On busy days, my slow cooker is pretty much my best friend. I love being able to set it up, walk away for the day, and have a hot meal ready when we’re walking in the door at dinner time.
And is there anything more comforting than a hot bowl of soup? And this is comfort food you can feel good about – this plant-based meal is full of veggies!
This is a take on my usual chicken noodle soup recipe. Chickpeas and vegetable broth are swapped in to make the dish vegan, but it’s one that even meat eaters won’t miss the meat in!
One of the neat things about this meal is you can do all the prep the night before. Set up the beans to soak first. Then, cook the pasta and chop the spinach and refrigerate both. Last, add everything else to the slow cooker pot and refrigerate.
In the morning, drain the beans, add them to the pot, and start the cook time. When you get home, just pop the pasta and spinach into the slow cooker until warmed through. Just perfect for a busy day!
As part of the #NationalSlowCookerMonth celebration, a great group of bloggers will be sharing slow cooker recipes all this week. Today’s recipes feature everything from soup to pasta to roasts!
Monday’s Slow Cooker Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake by That Recipe
- Beef Short Ribs with Vegetables by Family Around the Table
- Easy Slow Cooker Lady Pea Cassoulet by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Homestyle Pork Roast (Slow Cooker) by Palatable Pastime
- Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Lentil Soup by Frugal & Fit
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Tomato Pasta Sauce by Savory Moments
- Slow Cooker Curried Lentil & Sausage Soup by The Spiffy Cookie
- Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwiches by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Casserole by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Pinto Bean and Chorizo Naan Bread Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sausage by Blogghetti
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chickpea Noodle Soup by Kate’s Recipe Box
We’re also giving away an awesome set of prizes, courtesy of our sponsors! Make sure you enter here —> a Rafflecopter giveaway
Vegan Slow Cooker Chickpea Noodle Soup
1 cup Camellia brand dry chickpeas
1 large yellow onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and coin sliced
3 celery ribs, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
6 cups vegetable broth
1 box Banza rotini pasta
3 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
The night before cooking, pre-soak the beans. Rinse the chickpeas and cover with water. Let sit overnight. Drain.
In the slow cooker, combine the chickpeas, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and vegetable broth. Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
Cook pasta according to package directions. When the soup has been cooking for 6-8 hours, stir in pasta, chopped spinach, and juice from 1/2 lemon. Let sit for 5 minutes to combine, then serve.
a Kate’s Recipe Box original
Disclaimer: Contest runs 1/20/2020 at 12:00 a.m. till 1/27/2020 at 11:59 p.m.
The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #NationalSlowCookerMonth bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and contest is open only to US residents.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #NationalSlowCookerMonth posts or entry. Thank you to our sponsors Banza, Camellia, and Rhodes for providing prizes