Today is National Pizza Day! Pizza is one of my favorites. Another favorite? Pickles. This mash up is true love for me!
With a garlic-y base and topped with crunchy dill pickles, this pizza is super flavorful – and super easy.
It only takes about five minutes to prep this and ten minutes to cook – which makes it a perfect, fuss-free addition to your next pizza night.
I’m also linking up with some friends today to celebrate National Pizza Day and they all made something fun for our virtual pizza party!
Check out all the other great National Pizza Day Recipes:
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheesy Pan Pizza with Turkey Sausage from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza from Palatable Pastime
- Goat Cheese and Pickled Jalapeno Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
- I Give You My Heart Pizza from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Indian Inspired Pizza from Foodette & Family
- Pizza Pull Aparts from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Dill Pickle Pizza
Makes 1 12″ Pizza
1 prepared pizza crust
6-8 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
8 oz. mozzarella cheese
7-8 dill pickle slices cut in pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Whisk together garlic and oil. Brush over the crust. Top with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is hot.
Remove from oven, top with pickles, and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes.
Let sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.
adapted from Apples for CJ