It’s the first Friday of Lent which means I’m kicking off my annual meatless meal series today! Over the next seven weeks, I’ll be sharing new meatless meals every Friday.
First up is this Cauliflower Bahn Mi and, guys, it’s a good one.
Warm, spicy cauliflower, cold pickled veggies and a toasted bun come together for a really great sandwich – and one that everyone will enjoy, meat eater or not.
And though it incorporates a few different elements, everything is accomplished quickly making this a great weeknight dinner option or even a sandwich you could whip together at lunch time.
This is a bit spicy – so it may not be the best for all kids. You can decrease the spicy by decreasing the amount of chili garlic sauce used. Love spice? Adding fresh sliced jalapenos here would be perfect!
Looking for more meatless meal inspiration? I shared a dozen meatless meals I blogged last year on Wednesday. All of my other meatless meals (more than 65!) are rounded up here!
Cauliflower Bahn Mi Sandwiches
Warm, spicy cauliflower, cold pickled veggies and a toasted bun come together for a really great sandwich - and one that everyone will enjoy, meat eater or not.
Quick Pickled Vegetables
- 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 long rolls
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Make the pickled vegetables by combining the vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a mason jar. Put on the lid and shake to combine and dissolve. Stir in vegetables. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Make the Spicy Aioli by whisking together the mayonnaise, honey, and chili garlic sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and sesame oil. Toss cauliflower in the sauce.
- Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower from the bowl to the skillet, leaving post of the marinade in the bowl. Saute, stirring often, until browned. Add 3/4 of the marinade into the pan, stirring to coat.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 15 minutes, until the edges are crispy.
- Toast buns and spread with the spicy aioli.
- Top with cauliflower, additional reserved marinade (if desired), pickled vegetables, and sliced cucumber.
This is a bit spicy - so it may not be the best for all kids. You can decrease the spicy by decreasing the amount of chili garlic sauce used. Love spice? Adding fresh sliced jalapenos here would be perfect!
2 thoughts on “Cauliflower Bahn Mi Sandwiches”
Pingback: Cauliflower Bahn Mi Sandwiches — Kate’s Recipe Box | My Meals are on Wheels
Pingback: Vegan Cauliflower Gyros in the Air Fryer | Kate's Recipe Box