Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of Incredible One-Pot Cooking for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
I recently asked on Instagram what your biggest current dinner challenge is. One of the most common responses? Making interesting dinners that don’t involve a ton of cleanup.
Megan Marlowe’s new cookbook, Incredible One-Pot Cooking, totally nails this problem. Chock full of fun spins on traditional favs, this is cookbook your family will love – mine definitely does! – and I’m excited to share a preview with you today.
You may already know (and love!) Megan from her blog, Strawberry Blondie Kitchen. She focuses on family-friendly food – and her cookbook is no different.
Just as the name suggests, everything in this cookbook cooks in one pot. Everything! Which makes for less fuss and easy clean up.
The book is broken down into five sections:
- Coop’d Up in One Pan
- Meaty Classics with Easy Cleanup
- Comfort from the Docks
- Clever One-Dish Pastabilities
- No-Fuss One-Pot Soups
I’m not exaggerating when I say we didn’t know what to pick first! Top contenders included Loaded Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Finger Nachos, Jerk Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce, Pork Rind Schnitzel, Crab Rangoon Hot Dish, Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Shells, Loaded Sausage and Pirogi Soup… Honestly? We tabbed 2/3 of the book to try later!
We ended up settling on this Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Carbonara and it was so good! My favorite part was that it was a true one-pot meal – even the pasta was cooked with the chicken and bacon, not separately! It was a dinner that felt decadent and special, but was also easy enough for a weeknight and clean up was a breeze!
If you’re looking for some new dinner ideas that don’t include a large time commitment – and have minimal clean up – this is a great cookbook to check out!
Incredible One-Pot Cooking will officially release on April 21st, but you can preorder now on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books a Million, IndieBound, and Book Depository.
Enter to Win
Megan’s publisher, Page Street Publishing Co. has generously offered to send a lucky reader a digital copy of Incredible One-Pot Cooking! Enter below for your chance to win!a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil, divided
- 6 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 11⁄2 lbs (675 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tbsp (18 g) ranch seasoning
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken stock
- 1 (8.8-oz [246-g]) box fettucine pasta
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup (90 g) shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- Coarsely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until the bacon is brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Do not drain the skillet. When the bacon is cool enough to handle, crumble it.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of oil to the bacon grease in the skillet. Add the chicken and cook until it’s no longer pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle the chicken with the ranch seasoning.
- Add the stock and pasta. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 8 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
- Pour in the egg yolks and stir so they coat the pasta. To serve, sprinkle the pasta with the crumbled bacon, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and black pepper, tossing to combine. Garnish with parsley, if using.
Reprinted with permission from Incredible One-Pot Cooking by Megan Marlowe, Page Street Publishing Co. 2020. Photo credit: Megan Marlowe