Despite being great eaters and willing to try almost anything, my kids will still always pick pizza – which means we end up infusing pizza flavors into many different forms in our kitchen!
These pizza waffles first entered into our regular rotation when we were redoing the kitchen in our first home and needed meals that didn’t require the oven. Many years and two kids later, they’re still a favorite.
Pizza waffles are a great project with the kids! Even at a kid pace, they come together quickly and they love stuffing these with all their favorite pizza toppings – olives and pepperoni are usually king around here.
This is a fun lunch or dinner – but these are also super freezer friendly. We love making up a few batches on a weekend and popping them in the freezer to enjoy as quick lunches during the week!
How can kids help?
- Measure ingredients
- Cut the biscuits with kid-safe knives
- Fill the pockets and pinch them shut
- Stir the sauce
- Microwaves the sauce with oversight
Adults will need to:
- Run the waffle iron
- Cut the biscuits if no kid-safe knife is available
- Help with the microwave
Looking for more kid-friendly recipes?
If you’re looking for more recipes that are easy for kids to help with, make sure you look through the other recipes in our Kids in the Kitchen series. Some of our favorites include Unicorn Grilled Cheese and Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings!
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat your waffle iron on medium-high.
- Using a knife, cut a pocket into each biscuit. Stuff with 2 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella and your favorite pizza toppings, then seal up the edges.
- Cook in a hot waffle iron until golden brown.
- While the waffles cook, combine the tomato sauce, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Serve the waffles with tomato sauce for dipping.