If you like the idea of mint for the holidays, but aren’t a huge peppermint fan, these are the cookies for you.
For me, these are a nod to my Grandma.
For as long as I can remember, my Grandma’s contribution to holiday dessert has been a box of Andes Candies. We’ve all come to expect them and holiday dessert is not quite right without them on the table.
When I ran across this recipe that uses Andes chips, I knew Grandma would love them – and I just had to make them.
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
(from The Diary of a Real Housewife)
Makes 3 dozen
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 package Andes mint pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a stand mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet in batches and mix until just combined. Fold in mint pieces.
Roll dough into 1″ balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Can’t get enough cookies? For #ChristmasCookies Week, I’m linking up with lots of other bloggers sharing awesome recipes. You can find today’s batch of goodies below!
- 12 Days of Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Alex’s Double Chocolate White Chip Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Christmas Balls by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies by Making Miracles
- Double Chocolate Port and Caramel Cookies by Making the Most of Naptime
- <a href="
- Easy Bourbon Cherry Chocolate Press Cookies by Girl Abroad
- Gingerbread Bars by The Freshman Cook
- Gingerbread Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Gingersnap Truffles by Frugal Pantry
- Almond Snickerdoodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mocha Crinkle Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies by House of Nash Eats