Oh, what a week it’s been here! Why is buying and selling a home so stressful?! Isn’t there a better way to do this?
If you’re thinking, “Wait! I didn’t know you were moving!”, don’t fret – we’re not even sure we are. But we did happen upon a house we just love so we’re doing everything we can to make it ours. The past week has been an endless parade of offers, showings, back-and-forth with lawyers/realtors/mortgage brokers… I’m emotionally spent.
And, do you know when everyone wants to look at your house? DINNER TIME! We’ve been fast-fooding it up. Jake has declared McDonald’s his favorite, and I’ve been going with it because it means I get a shamrock shake. Those things are seriously like stress relief in a cup.
When I started flipping through pie recipes to celebrate today with, this one jumped out. A pie version of my beloved shake? Too good to be true! But this is actually a really close to the real thing taste-wise – and you could totally freeze the pie to make it even closer!
Everyone here loved it – and with only a few ingredients and about five minutes to prep, it’s a no-brainer if you’re having a crazy week like I am but still want to do a little celebrating – either for pi day or for St. Patrick’s Day!
Looking for more Pi Day inspiration? The Redhead Baker is hosting an awesome link-up of pie recipes – both sweet and savory – from lots of bloggers!
Pi Day Pie Recipes
- Beef Stew Pot Pie with Homemade Puff Pastry Topping by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Brownie Mint Pie by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Chocolate Mint Pie by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Velvet Pie with Meringue Crust by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Streusel Topped Carrot Pie by Cooking With Carlee
- Coconut Chess Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Crazy Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Easy Buttermilk Pie Recipe by West Via Midwest
- Easy Lemon Pie by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Lamb, Basmati Rice, and Grape Leaf Pi(e) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pies by Cookaholic Wife
- Mixed Berry Mini Pies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie by Everyday Eileen
- Shamrock Shake Pie by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Smoked Salmon and Herb Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Torta Pascualina (Spinach Ricotta Pie) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Upside Down Apple Pie by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Shamrock Shake Pie
(from Wine and Glue)
Makes 1 pie
2 3-oz boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups cold milk
1/2 tsp. mint extract
Green food coloring
8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
Graham cracker crust
Whipped cream and cherries, for serving, optional
In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and the milk until the mix is dissolved. Stir in the food coloring (about 15 drops), and the mint extract. Fold in the frozen whipped topping until no longer streaky.
Transfer to a graham cracker crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Top with whipped cream and a cherry before serving, if desired.