Have you been enjoying the bounty of summer produce? Between our little container garden and our CSA share, we’ve been swimming in fresh fruit and veggies – and I’m loving every second of it.
I’ve been doing a mix of trying new recipes and making sure to revisit family favorites. This is a family favorite – or more specifically – my son’s favorite.
Honey garlic green beans are a recipe I whipped up one night to make a quick side, and since my son has requested them again and again. He even put them down as “the best thing mom cooks” on his Mother’s Day project at school!
We’ve been making this a lot since green beans have been in our CSA share weekly – so sharing them for Farmer’s Market Week seemed perfect! These sweet-and-savory beans take about 15 minutes to make and only use one pan, so they’re perfect for a weeknight!
Tuesday’s Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
- Bacon and Cheddar Potato Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Bacon and Eggplant Sandwiches by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Baked Stuffed Potatoes with Mushrooms & Onions by Intelligent Domestications
- Caprese Burgers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese by Tip Garden
- Honey Garlic Green Beans by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Blistered Tomato and Goat Cheese Pasta by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Old Bay Corn Pie by Cookaholic Wife
- Peach Cobbler Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Honey Garlic Green Beans
1 lb. green beans, trimmed
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
Add the green beans and water to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cover. Let steam for 10-12 minutes, until the beans are softened.
Drain the water, and add the olive oil, tossing to coat the beans. Continue to cook for another few minutes, until the beans start to brown and blister. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute, until fragrant.
Whisk together the honey and garlic and stir into the skillet. Cook for another minute or two, then serve immediately.
a Kate’s Recipe Box original