This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I’ve already chronicled (complained about?) how crazy our summer was so I’m not going to rehash it again, but suffice it to say we’ve really been enjoying our un-busy fall weekends so far. It’s been a lot of family time and catching up on non-urgent things we enjoy.
It also means we’ve had time for some leisurely breakfasts – a real novelty.
Mark usually takes the helm and makes big batches of pancakes or eggs for everyone. When I saw The Spice House had a special seasoning blend for breakfast sausage, I knew exactly what I wanted to try making.
The additional of apple and maple syrup make this sausage perfect for your fall breakfast table. Yes, it’s a bit of effort to make it yourself, but I promise it’s so worth it. This is hands-down the best breakfast sausage I’ve ever had.
You can enter to win a prize pack from Spice House, as well as goodies from other #appleweek sponsors, here: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage
(a Kate’s Recipe Box original)
Makes about 18 sausages
3/4 lb. ground beef
3/4 lb. ground pork
1/3 cup finely diced onion
1/3 cup shredded apple
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp. Spice House Breakfast Sausage Seasoning
In a large bowl, mix everything together.
Spread out the mixture to 1/2″ thickness and cut into patties using biscuit cutter. Or, divide the mixture into golf ball-sized portions and shape them into patties.
Cook in a skillet over medium-high until cooked through, flipping over halfway.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate or freeze. These can be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave.
More apple delights this way! Here are Wednesday’s Recipes:
- Apple & Red Cabbage Slow-Cooker Sauerkraut by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple Butter-Glazed Chicken Wings by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Apple Cherry Jam Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Cake by Girl Abroad
- Cheddar Chicken Tacos with Apple Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cider Donuts by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Cider Mules by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Fritters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Apple Pandowdy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Spice Poke Cake by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts by Everyday Eileen
- Baked Cinnamon Apples by The Anthony Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Pie Party Mix by Lemon Blossoms
- Chicken with Apple, Onion, and Cider Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Fritters by The Freshman Cook
- Chipotle Turkey, Apple, & Sweet Potato Chili by Savory Moments
- Harvest Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Love and Confections
- Herby Ginger Apple Compote by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Individual Skillet Apple Pies by Family Around the Table
- Instant Pot Quick Oats with Apples, Walnuts and Honey by 4 Sons R Us
- Japanese Beef Curry (Kare Raisu) by Palatable Pastime
- Kielbasa, Apple, Bacon, Sweet Potato Skillet Meal by Tip Garden
- Mini Apple Crisp Baked Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- New England Apple Cake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers by Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chai Apple Butter by Mildly Meandering
- Spiked Mulled Apple Cider by Caroline’s Cooking
- Stuffed Apples with Homemade Sausage and Rice by Our Good Life
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.